Monday, May 5, 2008

The final projects - BIRDS

So for this last project, I took the anti-ornithology stance. After watching the movie, I could not help but feel creeped out by these people who were obsessed with birds. Thus, the work for this project reflects my opinion on that.

For the large 8 1/2 by 11 image, I scanned a black and white drawing and colored it in photoshop. I then printed it out, put real composition tape on it and then scanned it back in again. After debating whether or not to use a stock image for the background, I decided to just make it from scratch in photoshop using the brush tools and blending the layers. You can see how all the separate layers come together to create a realistic looking (and creepy) wall
texture:

1.












2.












3.












For the spot image part of the project, I worked quite a bit conceptually trying to find things that would make sense for this project and the idea that I was trying to convey. I used a lot of collage that I made after gathering images from magazines and drawings as well. After that, I scanned them in and worked on them digitally:

Here are my horizontal cards:








And here are my vertical ones:











Lastly, for my final spread, I tried to incorporate what I have learned as a Design student. This, to me, means a layout that it's eye-catching yet harmonious. So, I tried using a grid system to make the content balance out. I then added little graphics here and there to make it look more natural (you know, so it definitely looked like it was from a magazine).

This is my final layout:








Enjoy!

No comments: