Sunday, November 2, 2008

Just seeing if I remember how to use this thing

Lemme try by writing a post...

So not more than a week ago, I was at a children's bookstore browsing with my fiancee's family. His aunt and I got into a discussion about children's illustrators we like. The girl working in the store overheard us and started talking about illustrators she like as well. She showed us the Caldecott section of the store to which I see one of Chris Raschka's books (specifically "Hello, Goodbye Window"). I told the both of them that I actually got to talk to this illustrator in person and eat assorted cheeses and vegitables with him because of the visiting artists event we had recentely. The associate, who seemed to know quite a bit about illustration as she said she majored in that herself, didn't seem to believe me though.

...And I saw this really cute dino book there called "Dinosaur Vs. Bedtime" by Bob Shea. I also became even more ple
santly suprised when I found out that Shea would be visiting the children's book fair this weekend up here at UConn.

And here's how my finished Dino project kind of looks like (minus my obvious loud 'watermark'). The funny thing about it is that the colors look weird when I view the full image in firefox but when I download it from firefox or even view it in safari or look at the downloaded version in photoshop, the colors are ok. Great Scott for the life of me...we'll see what happens

No comments: